Thursday, August 1, 2013

Welcome Jess Buffet!



Jess Buffett was born and raised in New South Wales, Australia. She married her high school sweetheart and they live on the Central Coast with their two children. Jess is a hopeless romantic who loves stories about true love that sizzle with a happy ending—which is probably a good thing given what she writes. She is a huge fan of M/M and M/F romance—anything with hunky men in all their glory, whether they be shifters, vampires, cowboys, or the boy next door. Jess is a firm believer in soul mates, happily-ever-afters, and love at first sight, but that sometimes people need a second or a third meeting for the brain to catch up. 

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Joshua Kell signs a deal that will set his ranch up for life and then spends the night with
the woman of his dreams. Waking up alone, he returns home, nursing a broken heart.

Brianna Evans struggles to overcome a horrific trauma. After two years, she's finally taking back control of her life, but she panics when she wakes up next to Josh.

Bri has to find him again, and when she does, hopes he'll understand and forgive her for running. She wants the chance to be happy again. But when a ghost from her past threatens to take everything away, Bri has to trust her cowboy will stop at nothing to keep her safe.


BEHIND THE SCENES
Why do you think that some well written books just don’t sell? I think getting noticed is the hard part, and that’s why even a book is great, it may not sell. I know 100% if it weren’t for the help and support of some of my fellow authors, I probably wouldn’t have gotten noticed.

What is your favorite quote? “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” —Dolly Parton.

How did you come up with the title of your book or series? Honestly, Cowboy’s Chocolate Roses just came to me out of the blue. I had been writing the final chapter, and it just hit me. Up until that point I had simply called it ‘the cowboy story’. Lol But when Josh walks in with Bri’s favourite treat (Chocolate Roses) she makes a comment about her cowboy and his chocolate roses. So it stuck with me.

Tell us a little bit about your cover art. Who designed it? Why did you go with that particular image/artwork? My cover was designed by the incredible Lee Tiffin. Something about the way the man was holding the woman spoke to me. It practically screamed Bri and Josh. Though the original image is really different, once Lee changed their hair colour and tops and knew I didn’t want any other picture.

Who is your favorite character from your book and why? It’s a toss up between Josh, who can be so darn adorable, and his brother Caleb who somehow wormed his way into my heart with his happy, carefree attitude. He is one of those people who is happy because he wants to be, and is a smartarse for the same reason. There is no hidden meaning behind his smart mouth, no tragic event that makes him push people away. It’s just who he is, and everyone loves him for it.

How about your least favorite character?  What makes them less appealing to you? Kelly. She is weak and selfish, though not the complete bad guy for the story, she does her fair share. I began to dislike her so much, I almost considered making her the main bad guy, but fortunately for her, someone else posed more of a threat.

If you could change one thing about your novel, what would it be?  Why? I don’t think I’d change anything, though I had been tempted to move it to Australia. All my book now are set here in my country, yet my first two were set in the US. However, the story has a very Texas vibe to it, so in the end I decided to leave it where it was.

Give us an interesting fun fact or a few about your book or series. Josh refers to Bri as Lavender, because of her eyes, and that is the name my father always called my mum. She was his Lavender Girl, right up until he passed. This book was written very much for my mum and to remember my dad because he couldn’t be here to celebrate any of this with me.


2 comments: